Advanced Climbing Day Camp Information Sheet
We are psyched for another great season and looking forward to working hard and playing hard with this summer's campers. Come to camp with your game face on and be prepared for some hard-core coaching and fun.
+ PAYMENT INFORMATION
Unpaid balances are due two weeks before the start of your camp session. For your convenience, we will debit your credit card with the balance due. Thank you for your prompt attention to this.
+ DROP OFF & PICK UP LOCATION
The drop-off and pick up for your camp is at Historic Tredegar & The American Civil War Museum - formerly Tredegar Iron Works - next to the Belle Isle parking lot. (500 Tredegar Street, Richmond, VA 23219)
+ HOURS: CHECK IN/CHECK OUT
Please arrive between 8:00am & 8:30am for camp daily. Camper check-out begins at 4:45pm, but you may pick up as late as 5:30pm.
+ CHECKLIST: WHAT TO BRING/WEAR
• Keep It Simple. Wear a bathing suit and comfortable shorts and a tshirt We will swim every day.
• Wear shoes that you don't mind getting wet & dirty. We strongly recommend durable sandals (no flip flop) and non-cotton socks are a must! (Non-cotton socks are available for purchase at check-in.)
• Bring a hydration pack or water bottle.
• Please note the weather in case you need a hoodie/rain jacket. We are a Rain or Shine camp, so dress accordingly!
• We supply lunch, drinks, and snacks daily.
• We supply all equipment including harnesses, climbing shoes, & helmets. (Feel free to bring your own if you have it.) Come with a layer of sunscreen. We will reapply for you as needed throughout the day.
• Please label all of your belongings.
• Please do not bring electronics or valuables. They are guaranteed to get wet, lost, or misplaced.
+ THURSDAY NIGHT HIGH ROPES COURSE
On Thursday night, all Advance campers are invited to Peak Experiences in Midlothian (11421 Polo Circle, Midlothian 23113) for our High Ropes Course. Drop off is at 7pm and we will climb indoors and finish with pizza and non-caffeinated soda. Pick-up is at 9pm sharp.
+ CLOSING CEREMONY
On Friday afternoon at 3:00pm, we invite all family and friends to witness the tremendous achievements your child will surely accrue throughout the course of the week. You will receive detailed information on the Thursday of your camp session.
If your child cannot attend camp on a given morning, please leave a message in the voicemail box at 804-337-7886. We ask that you try to avoid situations where your child arrives late to camp or must leave early, so that all our staff can remain with the entire group. In case of emergency or any other concerns or if you need to contact the camp director, please contact Julie Appleby at 804-897-8283 ext.310.
+ CAMP SURVEY AND FEEDBACK
Your comments and suggestions serve as our compass towards improving our program each year. Please complete our online evaluation form that will be mailed to you at the end of your session.