Fat Tire Expedition Information Sheet
We are psyched for another great season and looking forward to working hard and playing hard with this summer's campers. We are heading to Western North Carolina to conquer some of the best mountain biking trails in the area. Come to camp with your game face on and be prepared for some hard-core coaching and fun.
+ PAYMENT INFORMATION
Unpaid balances are due two weeks before the start of your camp session. For your convenience, we will debit your credit card with the balance due. Thank you for your prompt attention to this.
+ DROP OFF HOURS AND LOCATION
Monday morning drop-off for your camp is 8am at Historic Tredegar & The American Civil War Museum - formerly Tredegar Iron Works - next to the Belle Isle parking lot. (500 Tredegar Street, Richmond, VA 23219) Please park as directed by our camp staff and meet us at the Expedition check-in table. We will confirm your contact information, and you can meet our counselors.
+ PICK UP HOURS AND LOCATION
Friday afternoon pick up is by 5pm, at Peak RVA located at 1375 Overbrook Road, adjacent to the SCOR facility.
+ CHECKLIST: WHAT TO BRING/WEAR
This is an OVERNIGHT CAMP. Can you get everything you need into ONE large duffle bag? That would be terrrific!
• Camping gear: Tent, sleeping bag.
• Bike Gear and apparel, including your helmet and of course your bike, all tuned up and with spare tubes.
• Bring a hydration pack or water bottle.
• Bring a bathing suit for afternoon and rain gear, just in case.
• Bring whatever extra clothes you may need for riding in the evening.
• There is a Bath House, so bring whatever you need in that department too.
• Make sure you have a backpack to hold food and water for the day when we hit the trails.
• We supply all food, transportation, and camping fees. $25 cash should be enough to cover any incidentals a camper may need/want.
• Please label all of your belongings.
• Please do not bring electronics or valuables. They are guaranteed to get wet, lost, or misplaced.
If you have any questions, please call our Camp Director or the Expedition Site Director. We are always here for you you!
Kevin Tobin, Camp Director (804-337-7886)
+ CAMP SURVEY AND FEEDBACK
Your comments and suggestions serve as our compass towards improving our program each year. Please complete our online evaluation form that will be mailed to you at the end of your camp session.