Rock and River Day Camp Information Sheet
We are psyched for another great season and looking forward to working hard and playing hard with this summer's campers. Come to camp with your game face on and be prepared for some hard-core coaching and fun.
+ PAYMENT INFORMATION
Unpaid balances are due two weeks before the start of your camp session. For your convenience, we will debit your credit card with the balance due. Thank you for your prompt attention to this.
+ DROP OFF & PICK UP LOCATION
The drop-off and pick up for your camp is at Historic Tredegar & The American Civil War Museum - formerly Tredegar Iron Works - next to the Belle Isle parking lot. (500 Tredegar Street, Richmond, VA 23219)
+ HOURS: CHECK IN/CHECK OUT
Please arrive between 8:00am & 8:30am for camp daily. Camper check-out begins at 4:45pm, but you may pick up as late as 5:30pm.
+ CHECKLIST: WHAT TO BRING/WEAR
• Keep It Simple. Wear a bathing suit and comfortable shorts and a tshirt (or rash guard).
• Shoes: Wear shoes that you don't mind getting wet & dirty. We strongly recommend durable sandals (no flip flops) and non-cotton socks are a must! (Non-cotton socks are available for purchase at check-in.)
• Bring a hydration pack or water bottle.
• Please note the weather in case you need a hoodie/rain jacket. We are a Rain or Shine camp, so dress accordingly!
• We supply lunch, drinks, and snacks daily.
• We supply all equipment including harnesses, climbing shoes, life jackets, & helmets. (Feel free to bring your own if you have it.)
• Come with a layer of sunscreen. We will reapply for you as needed throughout the day.
• Please label all of your belongings.
• Please do not bring electronics or valuables. They are guaranteed to get wet, lost, or misplaced.
+ WEDNESDAY NIGHT CLIMB TIME
On Wednesday night, all campers are invited to our new climbing gym at 1385 Overbrook Road next to the SCOR facility. Drop off is at 7pm and we will climb indoors and finish with pizza and non-caffeinated soda. Pick-up is at 9pm sharp. Click here for detailed drop off & pick up directions.
Parents of Campers - you may attend the Wednesday night 7:15-8:15pm Vinyasa Flow Yoga class at RVA for free!
• Parents must sign an Assumption of Risks form for themselves in order to take the class.
• Parents get the class for free the Wednesday/week that their child is participating in Wed Night Climb.
• Participants must be the parents. Guests may pay the $5 drop-in rate and must fill out an Assumption of Risks form.
+ PARENT'S DAY & CLOSING CEREMONY
On Friday, we invite all family and friends to witness the tremendous achievements your child will surely accrue throughout the course of the week. Meet our staff at the American Civil War Museum parking lot by 1:45pm for an itinerary and walking directions for you to Belle Isle and Passages. You'll spend two hours in awe of your camper's feats and accomplishments. At 4:15, we will have a cool Closing Ceremony. Pleae join us. Wear some rough and tumble shoes and clothes for your expedition to Belle Isle. It takes roughly 20 minutes to walk from the parking lot to our sites. You should bring a water bottle and your camera too!
If your child cannot attend camp on a given morning, please leave a message in the voicemail box at 804-337-7886. We ask that you try to avoid situations where your child arrives late to camp or must leave early, so that all our staff can remain with the entire group. In case of emergency or any other concerns or if you need to contact the camp director, please contact Julie Appleby at 804-897-8283 ext.310.
+ CAMP SURVEY AND FEEDBACK
Your comments and suggestions serve as our compass towards improving our program each year. Please complete our online evaluation form that will be mailed to you at the end of your session.