Wilderness Survival Information Sheet
We are psyched for another great season and looking forward to working hard and playing hard with this summer's campers. Our Wilderness Camp is located on private property in Fluvanna County outside Scottsville, about 75 miles west of Richmond. Come to camp with your game face on and be prepared for some hard-core coaching and fun.
+ PAYMENT INFORMATION
Unpaid balances are due two weeks before the start of your camp session. For your convenience, we will debit your credit card with the balance due. Thank you for your prompt attention to this.
+ DROP OFF HOURS AND LOCATION
Monday morning drop-off for your camp is 8am at Historic Tredegar & The American Civil War Museum - formerly Tredegar Iron Works - next to the Belle Isle parking lot. (500 Tredegar Street, Richmond, VA 23219) Please park as directed by our camp staff and meet us at the Wilderness Camp check-in table. We will confirm your contact information, and you can meet our counselors.
+ PICK UP HOURS AND LOCATION
Friday afternoon pick up is by 5pm, at Peak RVA located at 1375 Overbrook Road, adjacent to the SCOR facility.
+ CHECKLIST: WHAT TO BRING/WEAR
This is an OVERNIGHT CAMP. Please bring only what is absolutely necessary for the week.
Things to bring:
• Camping gear: Tent, sleeping bag, pad
• A mess kit (plate, bowl, fork, spoon)
• Hydration pack and a water bottle
• Camp Chair
• Small Flashlight
• Knife - Morakniv Companion - purchase online
• Toiletries and biodegradable soap, bug spray
• Journal or notebook
• Shorts and t-shirts
• Swim suit
• Poncho - in case of rain
• Some clothes that can get completely filthy
• 2 pair of shoes: one for swimming (that can get wet like Keens or Chacos) and a closed toe shoe for all of our other activities that protect the feet and toes, and some good non-cotton socks.
• We supply all food, transportation, and camping fees.
• Please label all of your belongings.
• Please do not bring electronics or valuables. They are guaranteed to get wet, lost, or misplaced.
If you have any questions, please call our Camp Director or the Wilderness Site Director. We are always here for you you!
Kevin Tobin, Camp Director (804-337-7886)
Jamie Jordan, Wilderness Camp Site Director (804-754-6978)
+ CAMP SURVEY AND FEEDBACK
Your comments and suggestions serve as our compass towards improving our program each year. Please complete our online evaluation form that will be mailed to you at the end of your camp session.